“Proven Solutions to Preventing Teen Pregnancy: A Statewide Conference on Abstinence-Plus, Evidence-Based Sex Education”
Sponsored by the Mississippi State Department of Health and the Women’s Fund of Mississippi
Download the Dec 6 Ab Plus Conference Agenda
Thursday, December 6, 2012
Jackson Convention Complex, Theater Level. Directions here. Free parking across the street from Convention Complex.
FREE. Pre-Registration Required. Due to high demand, registration is now closed. Please check back after December 6 to review presentations from the conference.
Audience: Principals, Superintendents, School Nurses, Sex Ed Teachers, Health Educators, School Board Members, Community Based Organizations implementing Sex Education, Department of Health Title X-funded clinics.
- Mississippi’s New Sex Ed Law: What Works, What Doesn’t
- What’s Working in Mississippi: Success Stories from Districts Implementing Sex Education
- Lunch Keynote by Bill Albert of National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy
- Impact of Education Laws (Title IX, in particular) on Pregnant and Parenting Teens
- How Schools and Community Health Clinics Can Work Together to Improve Health Outcomes for Young People
CEUs for School Nurses and Teachers will be provided through the Mississippi State Department of Health.
For questions about the Conference, email email@example.com.