WFM will make grants to programs/initiatives that serve women and girls in Mississippi and also supports organizations conducting social change advocacy efforts in women’s economic security and/or with the specific focus areas. (Please note: the Pathways to Opportunity grants will not fund advocacy activities.) Eligible applicants must be non-profit organizations, working primarily in the State of Mississippi, that are federally determined as 501(c)(3) entities as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation under Section 509(a). The Women’s Fund of Mississippi does NOT support the following:
- Individuals and scholarships
- Grants for long-term operational costs
- Religious or evangelical activities
- For-profit organizations
- Organizations outside of the United States
- Organizations with a focus outside of Mississippi
- Organizations lacking a focus on women and girls
- Organizations lacking diversity in their Board and Staff will be less competitive
Step 1: Prepare & Submit Concept Brief | September 6, 2012
- Review Guidelines and Focus Areas on website.
- Review this 2012 Grantmaking Presentation to learn more about our grantmaking.
- Complete the online Concept Brief form. If you have trouble completing the online form, you may download the form WFMS Concept Brief 2012 and email it to Jamie. We prefer online submissions.
- Applicants are encouraged to further discuss details of their project by calling Jamie Bardwell at 601-326-0701 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline to submit an online Concept Brief: Thursday, September 6, 2012
Step 2: Wait for Request for Proposal | September 27, 2012
- Applicants with accepted Concept Briefs will receive a Request for Proposal outlining requirements.
- If the Women’s Fund requests a full proposal from your organization, you will be notified by Thursday, September 27, 2012.
Step 3: Prepare & Submit Proposal | October 26, 2012
- Proposals include a 6-8 page narrative regarding your organization, the purpose of your grant application, evaluation methodology, budget, and other support materials.
- Please note: Only applicants with approved Concept Briefs will receive a request for proposal.
- Deadline for submitting full proposal: Friday, October 26, 2012.
Step 4: Wait for Funding Decisions
- Decisions will be announced by Friday, December 14, 2012.
2012 Dates to Remember
- Thursday, September 6, 2012: Deadline for Submitting Online Concept Brief
- Thursday, September 26, 2012: Applicants with approved Concept Briefs will be invited to complete a full proposal.
- Friday, October 26, 2012: Deadline for Submitting a Full Proposal
- Friday, December 14, 2012: Grant Awards Announced